Friday, May 27, 2016

AKOB = Another Kind of Blues

Of the many bands I never had a chance to listen to or check out in real-time, when the band itself was in it's prime time, AKOB, or Another Kind Of Blues is one. None of my friends had tapes of them, never mind the vinyl. If they had, they failed to turn me on to them. But that is doubtful. We heard only what we could hear, and we shared.

It is thanks, or no thanks, to the Internet that vinyl collectors, tape traders, and our ilk realize how much more there was to enjoy. When I got my first listen of AKOB's 7" Undergrowth single, I also got to hear all the songs that didn't make it to that release. I played it loud, repeatedly, and enjoyed what certainly would have kept me mobile in a sweat-filled room of bodies running into each other.

Rev it up, and go!

AKOB: What's Going On Blues




AKOB: Five Finger Discount Blues:



No comments:

Post a Comment